Current open positions:
12.5 hours a week, some hours may be worked from home. Ideal start date is February 15.
This position is responsible for the effective financial organization and management of Swallowtail School in a manner congruent with the principles of legal, ethical, and healthy business practices. The Finance Manager leads in helping the school strengthen and maintain economic health and viability. They will be engaged with all financial aspects of the school; including book keeping, budget preparation, cash flow tracking, payroll, and end-of-the- year tax preparation. Successful candidate must be experienced in Quick Books and have professional experience in finance management.
To apply for this position please send your letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Swallowtail School
- Swallowtail School was founded in 1995.
- We are a small environmental school located in Hillsboro, OR, a short drive or public transportation ride to downtown Portland.
- We are a developing Waldorf school recognized through AWSNA.
- We serve Early Childhood through Grade Eight.
- Swallowtail school is self-administered, with a dedicated Faculty, Administration, Board of Trustees, and parent body.
- Our grades curriculum includes Spanish, Music, Art, Handwork, Gardening, Cooking, blocks of German, Eurythmy, Circus Arts, and Spacial Dynamics.
The school owns 26 acres of land on the edge of Hillsboro. We will build our permanent home there soon, as it meets the rural vision Swallowtail has held since it's beginning. It includes an old farmhouse and barn, a sweeping expanse of productive farmland, a beautiful yurt, and a meandering creek. The school community is actively working together to design and create our facilities. The campus master plan includes spacious classrooms, administrative offices, a large community room, a biodynamic garden, farm animals, multiple play areas, and the great outdoors!