Swallowtail Waldorf School and Farm educates
a child's head, heart and hands.
Through this artistic and experiential approach to education, based on Rudolf Steiner's teachings, our students grow into socially responsible individuals who serve the greater community. Confident, successful and motivated, Swallowtail School students develop the capacity to work with life's challenges and the needs of fellow human beings with creative intelligence.
Nature Mondays are a unique opportunity offered to current students and area home school students on our 26-acre farm on the western edge of Hillsboro. Swallowtail's weekly program gives children from Kindergarten through 8th Grade the opportunity to live into the land. Learn more here.
Artistically educating the whole child. Inspiring gratitude and reverence for humanity, nature, and lifelong learning.
- Bringing a balance of academic, artistic, and practical activities
- Instilling confidence and self-reliance
- Presenting appreciation for truth and beauty
- Imparting clear thinking with a compassionate heart
- Developing the capacity to work creatively with life's challenges
- Fostering a sense of social and environmental responsibility
- Providing a vibrant school community of caring teachers, staff, parents, and children
- To be a dynamic school serving Parent-Child through Grade 8 in a small independent setting
- To be a Waldorf Farm School based on the teachings of Rudolf Steiner
- To work responsibly with the land as stewards
- To reach out and serve the greater surrounding community